SEO, or search engine optimization, is a critical part of business today. If you do it right you have the potential to transform your business and make huge profits but get it wrong and your website remains deep in search results where users will never see it. One important aspect of SEO is getting the right company to do it for you. There are many SEO companies in Greensboro and some of them help their clients while some hurt them. If you want to choose an SEO company that will take you to the top you should take the following into account:
1. The first thing you should watch out for is any company that tells you they will take you right to the top. This is simply nonsense. SEO takes time. You grow traffic by consistently having good, useful content, building the right backlinks and other common methods that are useful in helping websites to gain ranking. An honest Greensboro, NC SEO company will tell you that it will take at least 6 weeks for you to start to see significant results.
2. What methods do they use especially for backlinks? There are white hat methods and there are black hat methods. Black hat methods can potentially see your website shut down forever by Google. You want to be sure that you don’t stand the risk of this happening.
3. Bigger doesn’t always mean better. You may find a one or two man operation working out of a garage that can get much better results than many of the large SEO companies in Greensboro, NC. What matters is the quality of work that they deliver. Don’t ignore the young, geeky nerd just because he doesn’t have a big company backing him up.
4. Look at how you are treated when you approach a company. Ideally, they should have an initial meeting with you to understand your needs and your business. After that they should take 2 or 3 days to research your industry so that they can know how to approach your SEO campaign. After that they will come back to you with their ideas and then if you are happy you sign a contract with them. If you don’t go through this process the company that you are looking at may not be as good as it claims to be.
5. You also want someone who has a track record. Which other websites did they work on in the past and what kind of results were they able to achieve? How long did it take them to get there? These are simple questions but they are very relevant because they help you understand just what to expect should you hire them. Don’t take their word for it; take references and follow up.
6. How do they measure performance? They should have certain benchmarks in place that can tell you how your SEO efforts are working out. A good metric is how many credible links are gained over time. Remember, all links are not good links.
If you find SEO companies that meet these criteria and hire one of them you will get value for your money.